New Books, Lots of Tea, and New Adventures

My brother and sister-in-law totally get my love for books and they definitely enable me. For my birthday from them I got an Alice in Wonderland Cheshire cat mug and an Amazon gift card. These were my purchases from this gift card!



Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was first written by Lewis Carroll and published in 1865. The story has always been a favorite of mine (and is tied for first as a favorite non-princess Disney movie). This copy was published by Puffin as part of their Puffin in Bloom collection and is fully illustrated by Anna Bond. Puffin has published a lot of the Classics like this and I fully intend on owning all of my favorites one day.

Beloved is a novel by Toni Morrison that I have been informed by many people and articles is a book that everyone needs to read at least once in their life. I've always gone back and forth between buying it, but decided that it is time that I finally read it.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe was written by Benjamin Alire Saenz in 2012 and I have been told is a modern coming-of-age story. The cover is what drew me in, and there is supposed to be a sequel expected  in 2017/2018.

Breakfast at Tiffany's also includes 3 other stories by Truman Capote: "House of Flowers," "A Diamond Guitar," and "A Christmas Memory." I haven't read any of them before, however "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn movies. It's been said that Capote wrote it about Marilyn Monroe.

The Shining is a well know Stephen King novel that has been adapted into a movie starring Jack Nicholson. I've seen the movie once, and although it didn't scare me, it did creep me out. I've decided it's time to see if the book has the same effect.

Pre-Tea

Post-Tea


I am so excited to start into these new books and drink my tea from my awesome new mug. I can see lots of adventures in the near future.

Comments