Scholastic Book Fair

My mom works for a school district. For a myriad of reasons, this has always been something I liked. But earlier in March, I finally found the best reason: BOOK FAIRS!

She stopped by my office early that morning with some cook books she had bought and wanted me to look through. Then she said I should stop by during my lunch break (the office where I work and the school where she works are less than a mile from each other), but she said she didn't think I'd find anything.

Let me repeat that: she didn't think I would find anything. Famous last words.

I showed up promptly at 11:32 and we walked down to the library where the book fair was taking place. I chatted politely with people I have known for years. And then I got to start looking.

There were probably 100-ish books. I picked up most of them and read through the different synopses. Being surround by books is the happiest feeling in the world. By the time I was halfway around, the librarian (who was my 6th grade English teacher and totally sweet) was asking me if I wanted to leave my pile at the front while I kept looking, and then I kept looking around.

This was my haul.


In case you can't read all of the titles...

     -I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
     -Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
     -Is It Night or Day? by Fern Schumer Chapman
     -Serafina & the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty
     -Ellie's Story by W. Bruce Cameron
     -All We Have is Now by Lisa Schroeder
     -The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson
     -The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie
     -Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge

Now I haven't had a chance to read any of them, but I was very excited to add these new reads to my bookshelves! I promise as I read them, I will give reviews and let you know how wonderful they all are. Or horrible. You never know.

Comments