Always

Sadly, on January 14, 2016 we lost one of our beloved actors, Alan Rickman. Rickman is known for roles such as Professor Snape in Harry Potter, Sheriff George of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Theives, and Hans Gruber in Die Hard, along with so many others.

Professor Snape

Sheriff George of Nottingham

Hans Gruber
People from all generations felt this loss and many people showed their love for him in many ways. Lilies were left at the Harry Potter Universal Studios, wands were raised, and the internet was flooded with quotes from his many characters. One thing that I loved was that Fandom of the Month was doing a tribute box for him. You didn't have to be a part of the usual monthly subscription, anyone could order it, and a portion of the proceeds went to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. I knew that I had to get this.

They warned me (and everyone who purchased one) that it would be a while before we received our boxes in the mail, but I was okay with it. This week, I finally received my box in the mail! I was so excited for it. I had waited almost 2 months for it! It was so worth the wait.

Contents of the Box

Window Sticker
I think the window sticker for my car is the most favorite thing. Although I frequently wear shirts that show my love for Harry Potter, or quote the books and movies, now, everywhere I drive, people will know that I am a Die Hard Potterhead (see what I did there). I am so glad that I got this box.

Alan Rickman February 21, 1946-January 14, 2016
Alan Rickman, you have brought these wonderful characters to life. You will always be loved by so many people, and you will be greatly missed.


After all this time? Always.

Comments