What I Read in 2021


 To say 2021 was a long year would be an understatement, and something I think we can all agree with. But because of this, I was able to get a lot of books read. I started out the year with a goal of just 20 books and finished with 126 on my read list. It was definitely a year! I know I don't have reviews for these books, but I will definitely make remarks on ones I think you should all go read ASAP!

  • The Cousins by Karen M McManus ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 
    • I've read everything by KMM and she is seriously one of the best YA Thriller/Mystery authors in a long time! I will always recommend her as someone who wants a fun thriller (I know; it's an oxymoron).
  • The Wives by Tarryn Fisher ⭐⭐⭐πŸ“š

No Exit by Taylor Adams
No Exit 

No Exit by Taylor Adams ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐πŸ“š
I had never read anything by Taylor Adams before, and by the end of the year, I had read everything. While I enjoyed his other books, none of them hit like this one. I travel frequently with work and now have a fear of stopping at a rest stop and having to fight for my life and the life of a child.

The Initial Insult
The Initial Insult
by Mindy McGinnis ⭐⭐⭐⭐
A friend told me about this book and initially I was a little hesitant, but I had read other books by Mindy and enjoyed them. This one didn't disappoint and I am eagerly awaiting The Last Laugh in March.

Survive the Night
Survive the Night by Riley Sager ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stop what you're doing right now and go read this and every other book Riley Sager has written. Survive the Night is maybe is best one so far!

The Last Thing He Told Me
The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐πŸ“š I didn't know what I was getting in to but oh my goodness! I needed this book in my life and I still think about it. It is so heart breaking but also so heart warming. This book has everything!

Front Row at
the Trump Show
Front Row at the Trump Show by Jonathan Karl ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
While I try to remain neutral in my posts, I will say that this book is simply amazing, as is Betrayal also by Jonathan Karl. His book is extremely insightful. I highly recommend his audio books as he narrates them and he has a very soothing voice.

You'll Be the Death of Me
You'll Be the Death of Me by Karen M McManus ⭐⭐⭐⭐KMM does is again with another brilliant YA thriller. I finished it in one day and really loved every page of it!


One By One

One by One by Ruth Ware ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Not only is Ruth Ware a favorite author, but this novel really gives me "And Then There Were None" vibes, which is in my Top 10 of All Time.



Eyeshot
Eyeshot by Taylor Adams ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Taylor Adams definitely has a way of taking a situation and making it just extreme enough to be believable and leave the reader guessing what they would do in that situation.

Going through this list again makes me want to revisit some of these books. Don't be surprised if you see some of them pop up later in the year because I really want to give them their due!

What were some of your favorite reads from 2021? What about your least favorite? As much as I hate to say it, some books just don't measure up to what we expect or what we've been told. Do you have any books your excited for in 2022? I know some of my fav authors have some books being released that I am impatiently waiting for.

The ⭐ indicate my Goodreads rating. The πŸ’» indicates I wrote a previous review that you can find either on the blog or on Goodreads. Just click the icon to be taken to the review. The πŸ“š indicates that it is a book that I got through BOTM. Click the icon to go sign up for your own BOTM membership. They are not a sponsor, but I have been a member for many years and I love it so much! Links on the books will take you to the Goodreads listing. Links of most authors will take you to their Goodreads profile with a few exceptions; the others will take you to their Twitter accounts, IMDB listing, or website. All images are my own unless otherwise noted. 

Comments