2018 Reading Challenge

I am really proud of myself this year for finishing my Reading Challenge. I did not accomplish my goal of 125 in 2017, and I was pretty disappointed in myself. For 2018, I lowballed my goal for two reasons. I had started a new job in October of 2017 and did not know how busy 2018 would be for me. Also, I was working on a new degree and knew my class schedule would be full. I did not want a repeat of 2017 and be disappointed in myself again, so this year, my goal was 75 books. It took me a great deal of time to read them too, despite constantly reading. But I have definitely read some good books this year!

1. What Janie Saw by Caroline B. Cooney
2. Janie Face to Face by Caroline B. Cooney
3. Walk of the Spirits by Richie Tankersley Cusick
4. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
5. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
6. The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
7. The Lying Game by Ruth Ware
8. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
9. Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi
10. The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
11. The Girlfriend by Michelle Frances
12. Lady Killers by Tori Telfer
13. Misery by Stephen King
14. The Manson Women and Me by Nikki Meredith
15. The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
16. The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket
17. The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket
18. The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket
19. The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket
20. The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket
21. The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket
22. The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket
23. The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket
24. The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket
25. The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket
26. The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket
27. The End by Lemony Snicket
28. Understanding Business by William G. Nickels
29. Mathematics with Applications by Margaret L. Lial
30. Macroeconomics by R. Glenn Hubbard
31. Business and Professional Communications by Timothy P. Mottet
32. The Elizas by Sara Shepard
33. Basic Witches by Jaya Saxena & Jess Zimmerman
34. Kill Creek by Scott Thomas
35. I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
36. The World of All Souls by Deborah Harkness
37. A Secret History of Witches by Louisa Morgan
38. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
39. A Break with Charity by Ann Rinaldi
40. The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner
41. The Crucible by Arthur Miller
42. Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
43. IT by Stephen King
44. The Stand by Stephen King
45. The Shining by Stephen King
46. Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
47. The Outsider by Stephen King
48. Dreamcatcher by Stephen King
49. Carrie by Stephen King
50. 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King
51. Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber
52. Sybil Exposed by Debbie Nathan
53. A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell
54. The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
55. Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness
56. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
57. Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall
58. Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner
59. Persons Unknown by Susie Steiner
60. The Girls by Emma Cline
61. Corporate Financial Accounting by Carl S. Warren
62. The English Wife by Lauren Willig
63. Hannah-Beast by Jennifer McMahon
64. The Sleep Tight Motel by Lisa Unger
65. The Tangled Woods by Emily Raboteau
66. There's a Giant Trapdoor Spider Under Your Bed by Edgar Cantero
67. Miao Doa by Joyce Carol Oates
68. The Remedy by Adam Haslett
69. Oak Avenue by Brandi Reeds
70. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling
71. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
72. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling
73. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
74. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling
75. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling

Just because I have reached my goal does not mean I will stop reading for the year. I think next year I will make my goal 85. That should be achievable!

Goal Started: January 1, 2018
Goal Finished: November 27, 2018

Comments